Monday, 21 June 2010

Andrew Barton becomes new adoption patron at BAAF

Adopted person and celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton SRH, shares his experience of being adopted and why he has become a BAAF Patron.

Becoming a patron for the British Association for Adoption & Fostering (BAAF) is an honour. As an adopted child myself I care deeply about how adoption is perceived. Being a patron of this amazing cause and its work to help children, adults and families is dear to my heart and one I want to use every opportunity I can to sing its praises. Life is about sharing and giving, my life has been blessed and I hope I can help through my media work and profile.

My experience of being adopted is full of joy and happiness; from the moment I arrived into my parents’ life I was their world. I was, and still am, loved like one of their own and when someone asks me about my natural parents, I say they are my natural parents - they are the ones that have shaped me into the man that I am today through their love and care.

My business life is successful and full of exciting opportunities and having a high profile is, I dare say, useful to many charitable organisations and I have been approached by many charities to help their cause. But for me it had to be something that was very personal to me, something I truly "felt about" and was passionately interested in and so I approached BAAF.

I'm very honoured to speak on behalf of BAAF. Its work and my time with the team has been very rewarding. Opportunities like BAAF’s fundraising reception and designer handbag auction ‘Bag Ladies’ where I will be their special guest speaker, give me the chance to share my experiences and make people more aware of what we do at BAAF.


Find out more about Bag Ladies on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...